Easiest Way to Make Tasty Veg and Cheesy Dumpling (Momos)
Veg and Cheesy Dumpling (Momos).
You can have Veg and Cheesy Dumpling (Momos) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veg and Cheesy Dumpling (Momos)
- You need of 🌻FOR DOUGH:.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 Cup Maida / Plain Flour.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- You need as needed of Milk for kneading Dough.
- You need of Oil for greasing.
- It's of 🌻FOR STUFFING:.
- You need 3 Tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic clove, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Spring Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Peas, frozen / fresh.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sweet Corn, frozen / fresh.
- It's 1/4 Cup of grated Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of black Pepper, crushed.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
Veg and Cheesy Dumpling (Momos) instructions
- Take a bowl add all dough ingredients and make a dough should be medium soft and not sticky. Cover and set aside..
- Then prepare stuffing by heating 3 tsp oil and saute 3 garlic clove and 2 chilli. Add 2 tbsp spring onion and saute on high flame. Further add 1/4 cup peas (frozen/ fresh) and sweet corn. Stir fry on high flame. Now add pepper and salt. Fry the mixture till water evaporates. Add spring onion to the mixture and your stuffing is ready. When all stuffing cool completely add cheese and set aside..
- Take a small ball sized dough and roll out like a thin roti using a rolling pin. Roll it in a thin sheet and cut 3 circles of slightly different sizes. (Pictures to be used as reference). Use finger to spread water on the right edge of the dumpling wrapper. Place another dumpling wrapper over the edge so that it slightly overlaps, sealing tightly. Repeat the same procedure with 2 more wrappers..
- Scoop a spoonful of filling onto the middle of each dumpling wrapper. Wet the edges and fold each wrapper over from top to bottom, ensuring the edges are still overlapped, sealing it tightly. Gently roll the dumplings from one end to the other, starting from the left side, creating a flower shape. Repeat with the remaining dumplings. Heat a steamer and arrange the dumpling in the tray with ample space in between so they're not touching each other..
- Furthermore, steam dumpling for 10-12 minutes or until shiny sheen appears over the dumpling. Finally, vegetable dumpling is ready for you to Enjoy ! Serve with chutney or your favourite sauce..
- ✅Recipe NOTES: How to make Rose shape dumplings? The method can be followed step by step using pictures as reference..