How to Prepare Appetizing Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry
Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry.
You can cook Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry
- Prepare of Potato and Cauliflower.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, roughly cut in medium sizes (see pic).
- Prepare 1 of medium-large cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Handful of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red chilli flakes (for a medium spice level).
- Prepare 1/4 cup (60 ml) of HOT water from the kettle.
- It's of Curry paste and sauce.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It's 4 of medium tomatoes, blended.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ginger paste.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 1/4 cup (60 ml) of plain/natural yoghurt.
- You need 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hot water from kettle.
- Prepare of Salt (pinch).
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar (to balance taste).
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of Coriander (chopped)- To stir in & garnish.
Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry step by step
- Chop potatoes into medium sized chunks. Set aside..
- On medium high heat, add 3 tbsp oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds, red chilli flakes and the curry leaves. Stir for 2-3 mins to avoid spices burning. Add the chopped potatoes with 1/4 tsp turmeric. Stir for 3 mins to coat with spices. Cover (lid on) and let cook for 7 mins, stirring once in between..
- Meanwhile, chop your cauliflower into florets. Set aside. Dice 1 onion. Set aside..
- Once 7 mins are over, add the cauliflower to the pan. Stir. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) HOT water. Mix and cover pan (lid on) for 10-12 mins, stirring twice in between..
- While above is cooking, prepare the Curry Sauce & Paste- blend the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and ginger paste. Set aside..
- Veggies' cook time should be done by now. The cauliflower and potatoes should end up being approximately 80% cooked. Remove all from pan, set aside..
- Using the same (now empty) pan, on medium high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Fry the diced onions, coriander powder, cumin powder until browned..
- Stir in the blended tomatoes, salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric. Cover and let simmer for 7 mins. Sauce will thicken slightly. Balance the taste with 1/4 sugar if needed..
- Uncover pan. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) plain yoghurt and stir continuously until well combined. Let cook uncovered with the spices for 5 mins. A creamy paste will form..
- Add 1/4 cup (60ml) of hot water to pan to adjust the consistency of the curry paste. Add the cauliflower and potatoes back to the pan with some coriander. Mix everything..
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 mins (stirring occasionally) or until the veggies are cooked through. If the sauce dries up slightly in the process, add 3 tablespoons of water at a time, as needed..
- Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped coriander. Enjoy with rice/roti/flatbread! :).