Recipe: Tasty Teriyaki Mackerel Don
Teriyaki Mackerel Don.
You can cook Teriyaki Mackerel Don using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Mackerel Don
- Prepare 1 can (125 g) of Mackerel.
- Prepare 1 of large Spring Onion *sliced diagonally.
- It's 1 of serving Cooked Rice *warmed.
- It's 1/4 sheet of Toasted Nori *cut into thin strips.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Teriyaki Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated Ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce *reduce amount if Mackerel is salty.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sugar *optional.
Teriyaki Mackerel Don instructions
- Drain the Canned Mackerel, discard the brine or water, and break into smaller pieces..
- Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small frying pan or saucepan over a medium low heat, add Spring Onion and Mackerel. Cook for a minute or until Spring Onion is cooked. It won’t take long at all..
- Half fill a bowl with warmed cooked rice and cover it with the Mackerel mixture. Sprinkle some Nori and Toasted Sesame Seeds, and enjoy..