How to Cook Tasty Chinese Pickled Green Chilies
Chinese Pickled Green Chilies. Chinese Pickled Green Chilies are a must have condiment for any Chinese stir fries, noodles or rice. They're a mix of sour, sweet & spicy. It doesn't even feel like they belong in the supermarket.
Pickled green chillies are enjoyed as a condiment for noodles or rice. It can also be added to pizza or sandwiches. Green Cayenne chillies are 'grassier' in taste and it's the best choice to use when preparing pickled chillies. You can cook Chinese Pickled Green Chilies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Pickled Green Chilies
- It's of A. Pickle Solution.
- You need 1/2 c of white vinegar.
- You need 1/2 c of water.
- It's 1/3 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of B. Blanching.
- You need 1 1/2 c of thinly cut green chillies.
- It's As needed of - boiling water.
- You need As needed of - cold or iced water.
However, it may be substituted with red or even yellow chillies, according to. Pickled Chilies - Popular condiment that accompanies many Southeast Asian street food and Asian noodle dishes. Have these for your Chinese New Years feast. This is the first time I made pickled green chilies at home and was pleasantly surprised that it took only a jiffy and the chilies were ready.
Chinese Pickled Green Chilies instructions
- A - In a bowl, stir and mix everything in A well until sugar is dissolved. Keep aside..
- B - Cut green chillies. Prepare a bowl of cold water in a bowl. Put aside. Next, Place enough water for blanching in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat once it reaches boiling point. Blanch cut green chilies in the hot water for 5-8 seconds. Drain and discard the hot water and immediately transfer chillies to a bowl of chilled or cold water. Leave in cold water for 20 seconds. Drain and discard water..
- Pickling - Pour pickle solution into a clean glass jar or sterilized pickle bottle. Spoon chillies into the jar. Pickle is ready after 24 hours..
These chili pickles are simple to make and are often served alongside Wonton, and Cantonese fried noodles. The chili pickles have a sweet & sour taste. This Asian-style quick-pickled green chilies is a perfect condiment to many Asian noodle dishes in Southeast Asia or as a snack. It's sour, sweet, with a hint of spicy. Chinese Pickled Green Chilies are a must have condiment for any Chinese stir fries, noodles or rice.