Recipe: Delicious Mapo Tofu
You can cook Mapo Tofu using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu
- Prepare 1 box of tofu (firm tofu, don't choose soft one).
- You need 50 g of minced beef.
- It's 2 spoons of Szechuan bean paste.
- Prepare 3 of sliced ginger.
- You need of some scallions.
- Prepare 2 spoon of Szechuan peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 of chopped dried chili.
- It's 1 spoon of chili sauce.
- It's 2 spoons of starch.
- Prepare of some black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- You need 1 spoon of light soy sauce.
- It's of 1 spoon sesame oil.
Mapo Tofu instructions
- Cut tofu into around 1 cm³ cube, pour them into boiled water, add 1 spoon salt, cook for 3min in order to remove the beany flavor, then set aside.
- Chop ginger into small cubes, Crush the peppercorn, divide it into 2 parts.
- Add the minced beef, 1 part of peppercorn, dried chilies, chili sauce, scallions, and bean paste soy sauce into the wok and stir fry until the chili juice come out, then add water, and when the water boils, add tofu to stew, the water can not over the tofu, stew for 5-8min, don't stir too much, otherwise, tofu will collapse.
- Before finsih, add starch (mix with water) for thickening, cook for 3min. add another part of peppercorn and scallion, finally pour some heated seasame oil on the top of tofu.