Recipe: Perfect Thai Massaman Chicken Curry
Thai Massaman Chicken Curry.
You can cook Thai Massaman Chicken Curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Massaman Chicken Curry
- You need 250 g of chicken, cut into long strips.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- It's 1 can of coconut milk.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- It's 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- It's 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- It's 1 of star anise.
- It's 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of big red chilli, finely sliced.
Thai Massaman Chicken Curry instructions
- In a big saucepan, add about 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add Massaman curry paste in and mix well. Wait until some beautiful red oil separated from the curry paste..
- Add chicken in and stir for 2-3 min. Then add star anise and cinnamon stick in the curry and mix in well..
- Add onion and potatoes in, mix all well and add the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. You can add some more fishsauce, palm sugar or tamarind if you prefer. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts, red chilli and stir well..
- Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too. Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..