Easiest Way to Make Tasty Spiced JohnnyCakes with Cardamom Whipped Cream
Spiced JohnnyCakes with Cardamom Whipped Cream.
You can have Spiced JohnnyCakes with Cardamom Whipped Cream using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced JohnnyCakes with Cardamom Whipped Cream
- You need of JohnnyCakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn meal.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cloves.
- It's 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 4 tbsp of coconut oil, divided.
- It's 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need of Whipped cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It's 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom.
- It's 1/2 tsp of stevia or other natural calorie free sweetener.
Spiced JohnnyCakes with Cardamom Whipped Cream instructions
- Combime the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add coconut oil then work with your hands to make a cocnsistent grainy paste..
- Bring milk to boil in a saucepan. Pour the boiling milk along with coconut milk into bowl with corn meal. Mix for a firm dough thats still moist and hold together..
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla and almond extracts and dry ingredients for the whipped cream in another bowl..
- Using a balloom or cage whisk whip the cream, until you get..... Whipped cream..
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium low heat. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Place a heaping spoonful of the batter in the pan and push down with spoon gently to make a disk..
- Cook about 60 seconds per side. The johnny cake pictured axtually has a little too much browning, theyll taste dry. So go for lighter than this..