How to Make Yummy Creamy Garlic-Parm Chicken
Creamy Garlic-Parm Chicken.
You can cook Creamy Garlic-Parm Chicken using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Garlic-Parm Chicken
- It's 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of Cream or half-and-half.
- Prepare 1-1/2 c. of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It's 1/4 c. of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Peanut oil for frying.
- Prepare of SAUCE:.
- Prepare 3 T. of Butter.
- Prepare 3 T. of Garlic, finely minced fresh.
- You need 3 T. of Flour.
- You need 3/4 c. of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1-1/4 c. of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 oz. of Cream cheese, softened.
- You need of to taste Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare of GARNISH: (as desired).
- It's of Green onion tops.
- Prepare of Chives.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
Creamy Garlic-Parm Chicken step by step
- Place chicken breast, one at a time, in gallon size freezer Ziploc bag. With meat mallet smooth side, pound to even thickness of about 1/4" or slightly thinner. Cut into strips (or cutlets if you prefer). Pat dry with paper towels and place all chicken pieces in bowl/container with cream..
- In a container about the size/shape of a square cake pan, mix together the Panko and 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese..
- One at a time, remove chicken pieces from cream, allowing excess to drain, and dredge in the Panko-parm mixture. Use you palm to press the mixture onto the chicken to get good coverage. Set aside on plate or baking sheet to rest while you do the next step. (NOTE: All breaded foods need to rest about 10 minutes before frying so the breading adheres well during frying!).
- Add about 3 T. oil to large skillet and heat over medium heat. Fry chicken pieces to golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Do not crowd skillet; cook in batches..
- Place cooked chicken in 200° oven to keep warm while making sauce. Wipe out the skillet with paper towels..
- In the large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes, being careful not to burn..
- Blend in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Slowly whisk in the chicken stock, stirring constantly, until smooth. Then slowly whisk in the cream, salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes..
- Add the parmesan and cream cheese and stir until it blends into a smooth sauce..
- Pour over chicken and serve. We like it served over spaghetti, garnished with chives or minced green onions..