Recipe: Yummy How to Make Butter
How to Make Butter.
You can have How to Make Butter using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of How to Make Butter
- It's 1 quart of heavy cream or whipping cream.
- It's of kosher salt (optional) Just a pinch I leave the salt out.
How to Make Butter instructions
- Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer. Turn to medium high..
- Continue mixing until the butter separates from the buttermilk, about 3-10 minutes. (pic is of the butter starting and separating from the buttermilk its just about done when it looks like this).
- Drain the buttermilk and refrigerate for later. Use the buttermilk for buttermilk biscuits or pancakes..
- Wash the butter by squeezing and kneading it under running water to release the remaining buttermilk. Keep washing the butter until the water is clear, about 5 minutes.(I use my kitchen aid after I remove the buttermilk I add in cold water and mix them remove water and repeat until water is clear and not cloudy, I find it easier that way).
- Optional: Add salt to taste. Begin by adding 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to the butter and mix well. Taste and add more if desired..
- Store the butter in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. For longer storage, freeze for up to three months..
- This recipe makes about 1 pound of butter and roughly 2 cups of buttermilk..
- Notes- I was very skeptical my first time so I used a small container of heavy whipping cream to start with, just to see how it would work and taste then I moved up to more. A splash guard is recommended when the fat starts to separate and you start to get buttermilk it will go all over the place if you don’t have one you can use a hand towel and place over the bowl and mixer also do this as you’re rinsing the butter, it helps..
- On the last step be sure you squeeze out all the buttermilk liquid from the butter before putting it in a sealed container..