Recipe: Yummy Spinach Au Gratin
Spinach Au Gratin.
You can cook Spinach Au Gratin using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Au Gratin
- It's 1 Tbs. of olive oil.
- It's 1 of small onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 Tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 2 packages (10 oz.) of frozen spinach.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- It's 3/4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 Tbs. of unsalted butter (melted).
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of dried nutmeg.
- You need 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (finely grated).
Spinach Au Gratin instructions
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Allow this to cool and then drain and squeeze out all liquid..
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and butter a gratin baking dish..
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes..
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue sautéing while mixing for 30 seconds..
- Add the salt, pepper, dried thyme, cooked spinach, and garlic to the pan and stir until the ingredients are combined..
- Stir in the milk and heavy cream into the spinach mixture. Add the nutmeg and mix. Pour out pan ingredients into the baking dish..
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly over the gratin top..
- Bake 20 minutes, until it is hot and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown..